Intro To The Company
A couple of months ago I saw this facebook ad talking about this brand called Moody Sisters. They offer 4 free samples to new customers and you only have to pay shipping. Of course I clicked through to check them out and found out they use all natural products after having issues with their own skin and reactions to chemicals in the products they use. They used to make everything completely by hand in their kitchen, they now outsource to a local soap maker. They use small businesses for their suppliers for their ingredients and I'm basically in love with them. A little back story on me, I have extremely sensitive skin. I break out to everything - sometimes little acne breakouts or more commonly in an allergic reactions. I was starting to have those issues with my current regime at the time and thought well I might as well try it. Best decision ever. The girls are great(literally the best customers service in the world). They are so responsive, always answer questions, and if you have any issues with any of the products they are quick to help you figure out what isn't working for you and what may be able to help fix that. My skin has recently changed from combo to oily and I was having a hard time dealing with that shift.
4 Free Samples
Since my issues were moisture/oil related that's how I selected my samples. I chose the lightweight moisturizer, the orange blossom face cream, the pore refining scrub, and the mineral eyeshadow.
1. Pore Refining Scrub: I'll be honest I was hesitant to try this. My skin was so sensitive and it hurt to touch it and I typically break out worse from the oils in scrubs. So I tried it a couple of times but only very small amounts to see how my skin reacted. It didn't break out so that was a positive, but I was too scared to use it consistently. The smell and minty feeling are incredible though! So good I ordered another sample in my next order and decided to be diligent.
2. Orange Blossom Face Cream: This one smells great! It's a little too heavy for my skin, but they say a lot of people use it as their night time moisturizer for oily skin and it was definitely good for that.
3. Lightweight Moisturizer: This was EXACTLY what I needed at the time. My skin was SO oily and this moisturizer helped to liven up my skin, improve the texture and clarity all around. The minty feeling in the morning is incredible and best of all it doesn't break me out or give me a rash! This is what got me hooked.
4. Mineral Eyeshadow: I didn't know what to get for my last sample so I think I let them pick. But I got this eyesahdow in Endless Love and the color is gorgeous. Really soft and just enough shimmer for the day time.
Hooked - First Order
Almost as soon as I got my samples I could tell I would like them. I went out on a limb and placed an order for a full sized lightweight moisturizer, the clarifying foam wash, and there was a sale on the tinted lip balm so I bought that too. In every order you can choose a free sample so I chose to do the powder foundation and asked about the liquid foundation(they ended up throwing one of these in for me too).
1. Clarifying Wash: LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE. Did I mention I love this? I love foaming face wash already, it's super light and doesn't strip your skin, also has the minty refreshing feeling and I just love it.
2. Liquid Foundation: Guys, never in my life have I been able to wear liquid foundation. I have settled on that fact. It breaks me out in a horrible rash and once that heals I get awful breakouts. On their website it says this is good for oily skin. How does that make sense? I don't know. But a miracle has happened and I can wear this with NO ISSUES. It makes my skin look absolutely flawless. And it smells AMAZING. I probably wouldn't wear if every day...mostly because I'm too lazy to apply makeup every day. But seriously I'm in love and will be ordering full size soon.
3. Powder Foundation: I love this one too. The coverage is amazing for a powder foundation. I ordered the wrong color(wishful thinking on my part I thought I was a shade darker WRONG) but I love this too!
4. Tinted Lip Balm: I love this stuff! Other people don't love it because they think it feels gritty but I think it's fine when it's on you only feel that when you're applying it. I love the light tint and it feels great on my lips. Update, they don't make the tinted lip balm but they do make a lip gloss now.
So far the results are amazing. My face started to clear up, it looks HEALTHY, the tone looks better, and it feels good! That being said I was still having some issues. So I reached out to the sisters on their facebook page to ask some questions. I was still having issues with mid day oiliness. They were really thorough asking me what I was using so far and more details on the issues. Did I mention I love them? They recommended adding in the clarifying toner as a start and trying the scrub more consistently to help with breakouts.
Convinced - Order 2
So this order I went off their recommendations. I bought the clarifying toner, the mascara because my eyes were starting to react violently to the one I was using, I bought another regular lip balm because they were having a special on it, and I got another sample of the scrub to try out again now that my skin wasn't so sensitive.
1. Clarifying Toner: This toner is great, it did exactly what I needed it to which was help with the oiliness. However, I have no idea what, but something in it will occasionally cause a breakout. Again I went to their facebook group to ask advice and it seems I'm the only one with this issues. They did recommend I try the hydrating toner to see if it does any better for my skin. So I saved that for my next order.
2. Mascara: HOLY WOW. I love this mascara. Most importantly because it doesn't make my eyelashes fall out, my eyes don't get bloodshot when I wear it, and it doesn't dry my eyes out or crumble. But back to the important things...just like the liquid foundation, it smells AMAZING. I don't know how you make you makeup smell so good but keep it up! It's also a really rich black which I love.
3. Lip Balm: I got the grapefruit one. It's not my favorite scent but I love how hydrating it is.
4. Pore Refining Scrub: Take 2. I used this much more consistently and used it up pretty quickly. That being said, they were right. It helped my skin a lot and also I CAN ACTUALLY USE IT. Do you see a theme here? Amazing what less chemicals do for your face.
Addicted - Order 3
I have officially reached the point of no return. My skin is continuing to improve and I have so much fewer issues. My skin was starting to get kind of dry with the change in seasons. Again I went to the sisters for advice(Whit and Jess you guys are the best). They told me they were about to release a new hydrating moisturizer since the orange blossom one was too heavy for me. They put one in stock before they released it just so I could go ahead and place my order to get my dryness taken care of. In this order I got the hydrating moisturizer, the hydrating toner they had previously recommended, a natural deodorant to try, and a full size scrub finally. I totally forgot to put in my free sample so I sent them a last minute request and they were able to get it in literally right before they were packaging. So sweet! I requested another liquid foundation to make sure my skin wasn't psyching me out. They also were so sweet and put in a dry skin cream sample for any really dry spots. I also bought a pump to put on my lightweight moisturizer. I love that they offer these so you can add them on to anything you order. Great idea!
1. Hydrating Face Cream: Guys seriously, I can't even. Their stuff is magic. Exactly what I needed to take care of this dryness. Smells so good with hints of herbiness and florals. Not too heavy but still super moisturizing. Instead of having an oily shine I now get that pretty dewy look.
2. Hydrating Toning Mist: Again, magic. This toner works so much better for me. It assisted in the hydration issues and I don't break out to this one. I have found that I can use the other toner for my night time routine. Also this one has a great rosy scent where the other one you can smell the vinegar a little bit, but only when you're spraying it. Once it's on you're good.
3. Deodorant: I took the switch from aluminum to natural deodorant a while ago so I didn't have to break in to this one which was great. However this one works way better than the one I was previously using. It's still an adjustment from regular deodorant but the scent definitely stays much better than the first natural deodorant I tried. There was a post on the group about this the other day:different bodies take different scents better or worse. This one seems to be a good fit for me. I'm using the lavender citrus and so far no issues with baking soda rash.
4. Pore Refining Scrub: They convinced me on this one. I ordered the full size finally and I honestly thought it was a little pricey but my last sample convinced me it was great. But then it got here. The tub is huge, and you don't use a ton, and I don't use it daily so it will last me a good while. Worth every penny.
5. Dry Skim Cream: Now I don't know what scent they sent me, but I love it. It smells like lavender with some herbs. Similar to the hydrating face cream. I had some dry spots around my nose and this took care of them in two applications. It's definitely thicker than the other moisturizer but it doesn't feel heavy.
6. Liquid Foundation: I'll be honest I haven't tried this sample just yet but I can not wait because if it wasn't a fluke I'll be ordering full size soon.
During our conversation about the hydrating cream I mentioned being a photographer. I took some sample shots for them. Which one is your favorite? Comment bellow to let me know!
I love this brand. I love Jess and Whit. I love their products. I love their ingredients. I love my skin. Could this get any better? Negatives? ........ I want to spend too much money?